It is essential that each member share in the operation of the school. Cooperative preschools are owned and operated by parents who hire qualified teachers. Membership carries with it certain responsibilities. You must commit to assisting in the classroom on a periodic basis. Your child is the special student for that day. You must also commit to contributing to the administration of the preschool.Membership has privileges in the ease of contacting teacher, administrator, or board members when problems or concerns arise. Please address all classroom concerns to your child’s teacher. They are available by phone or before and after each class. School policies and concerns can be addressed to the administrator by phone or at school Board members are always available to answer concerns. Parents, teachers and the board keep all informed with flyers, hall bulletin board, calendars and notices, monthly newsletters and general meetings.
A preschool conference is held before school starts and a yearly conference is held in December. Teachers and parents have daily contact on school days. Parental involvement helps children succeed! Additionally, a day is designated in the spring for an option conference if desired by parent or teacher.
Upon enrollment, each member parent is expected to assume the following obligations:
- Attend all required meetings.
- Pay fees in accordance with a schedule determined by the Executive Board
- Assist the teacher in daily activities according to the participation schedule.
- Serve on the Executive Board or on a Committee.
- Participate in the cleaning and storage of equipment at the end of the year.
- Provide transportation for your child.
- Actively participate in all the established fund raising events.
- Read and observe the conditions of membership set forth in the parent handbook, in the summer packet and in the Cooperative Preschool of Bay Village’s By-Laws.
You are asked to supply a drink and snack on your helping day. Milk, juice or water would go well with a simple snack of pretzels, popcorn, crackers, cookies, pudding, jello, fruit, applesauce, yogurt, etc. We are a peanut-free school; please review our snack policy before your special day. (Please save those messy, yummy cupcakes for a special birthday treat!)